Saturday 16 June 2018

Happy 8th Birthday!

Our dearest Gabriel

8 years old today!  I can't believe it.  It feels like just the other day, I held you in my arms and wondered what I ever did to deserve you.  You were a miracle baby, but I will tell you all about that one day.

Today we celebrate your life.  We celebrate what an amazing son, soul and teacher you are.  

You have taught me so much.  Really.  You have taught me how to have more compassion and love for others, regardless of how they present their struggles.  You have taught me patience.  Patience with others but mostly, with myself.  You have taught me tolerance.  Tolerance so that I don't judge another so readily.  Every person is fighting some personal battle.

I see so much more about the world that I never saw before.  How much fun can be had in the smallest experiences.  How language doesn't have to be verbal or predictable.  How to be more observant of my surroundings.  How to appreciate everything.  And how not to care what others think.  

My birthday wish is for you to feel you can be free to be you.  Don't stop telling everyone the different countries in the world at the top of your voice.  Or shouting "shooting Tom" because you love how I squeel back, "no shooting Tom, nooooo!" (he knows I hate shooting video games) and you giggle.  Don't ever let anyone else tell you how you should be or how you should feel or who you should be.  

And my birthday gift to you is what I give every year and will give every year: 

LOVE

I want you to always know, no matter what happens in this life, that LOVE is truly the greatest gift.  I want you to feel the purest, unconditional, deepest love imaginable.  Because, my angel, we love you.  I mean, we REALLY love you.  More than I ever imagined one could possibly love another. 

No matter the challenges we face together, I want you to know we are so thankful that you came to us.  That you entrusted us to be your parents.  

So on this day we celebrate your 8th year in this amazing life. 

Happy Birthday, our angel, Gabriel!


No comments:

Post a Comment